Lisbon, an amazing melting pot of history, cultural diversity and contemporary culture
Awarded with the World Travel Award for World’s Leading City Destination 2018, it is not difficult to understand why every visitor falls in love with Lisbon, a city full of authenticity where old customs and ancient history perfectly blend in with contemporary culture and hi-tech innovation.
Walking around on the unique mosaic-paved sidewalks in the “City of the seven hills”, you will immediately notice it is a city full of traditions, with strong connections to the past and influence of several cultures from all over the world. At the same time you will see links with innovation and new trends everywhere, which leads to amazing contrasts and makes Lisbon a truly unique city.
Add to that the wonderful laid-back feel, the azure sky, the long hours of sunshine and golden sunsets and you have one of the most enjoyable cities in Europe, which makes many visitors go home with fond memories.
Discover how to get the best out of this vibrant city:
- DON’T RUSH through the city, just walk around, slow down and let your senses absorb those colours and delightful little details everywhere
- CLIMB UP TO one of the many scenic viewpoints called “miradouros” for the best views
- WALK ALONG THE TEJO RIVER, feel the breeze and take a sailing trip to get a totally different perspective of the city
- RIDE TRAM 28 for a trip back in time and get lost in Alfama, the oldest part of the city
- TASTE THE REAL PORTUGUESE FOOD: from the tasty simplicity of the taverns (called tascas) to the lively markets and the hip restaurants of the most creative Portuguese chefs, the difficult thing is to choose!
- FIND YOURSELF A COOL ROOFTOP for sunset drinks
- TAKE IN SOME URBAN STREET VIBES in LX Factory
- GO OFF THE BEATEN TRACK and discover the upcoming creative neighborhoods and amazing street art in Beato and Marvilha
- CYCLE ALL THE WAY TO BELEM, visit the monuments, stroll along the river and make sure to include the Maat museum and of course taste the famous Pastel de Belem
- GET LOST IN THE MANY VINTAGE AND DESIGNER SHOPS in Principe Real and São Bento
- LISTEN to the melancholic sounds of FADO
- HEAD TO THE BEACH and hit the waves at the amazing beaches of Guincho or Carcavelos or go for the golden sand along the Costa da Caparica